When you hit the ‘Share’ button on Facebook, it means that you’ve found the post to be so relatable that you want to engage others also with it. That’s what the share option does. Different privacy setting options enable you to control who you’re sharing the content with. What’s more, you can decide where you want to share the post – on your page, Facebook story, to your friends’ wall, or as a private message. Besides, you can also share content through other networking channels. In this article, let’s talk about where and how you can make a Facebook post shareable. Here are the options where you can share a Facebook post:
- Your Story
- Page’s Story
- WhatsApp Messenger
- Facebook Group
- Facebook Page
- More Options
Clicking on this option will direct you to many more options where you can share the post:
- Save to Drive
- Instagram Chats
- LinkedIn (as a post as well as a private message)
- Facebook Newsfeed
- Google Hangouts
- Zoom, etc.
(Also read, How to Create a Poll on Facebook?)
How to share a post on Facebook?
Here are the steps for how to make a Facebook post shareable:
- Click on the ‘Share’ option, visible below the post that you want to share.
- You will be directed to a pop-up with the ‘Say something about this….’ blank space. Here, you can type whatever crosses your mind about this post. This message appears above the image or video that you want to share. You don’t need to fill up this space. You can leave it blank if you wish.
- Moreover this ‘Say something about this….’ space, there are two setting options that you can adjust as per your preference. When you click on ‘Facebook,’ you will access options regarding where exactly you would like to share the post. These options include:
- Share to Facebook
- On a friend’s timeline
- In a group
- On your page
- Select the option where you want the post to be visible.
- Once you have chosen an option, you will be taken back to the settings page. Then, click on the following settings tab. Under this tab, you will be able to access the following:
Public: Selecting this option to imply that anyone on the social networking site will view this post. This includes people who are not on the part of your friends’ list and those you are not following.
Friends – Clicking on this option would mean that the post can be viewed only by friends, and no one else.
Friends except– If you select this option, you will be directed to another page where you have to mention the names of your Facebook friends or list to whom you don’t want the post to be visible.
Specific friends: Clicking on this option will also direct you to another page wherein you can type out your Facebook friends or list with whom you want to share the post. This post will not be visible to anyone else.
Only me – If you click on this, the shared post will be visible only to you.
Show All List – Selecting this will generate two more options:
Acquaintances: Your friends whom you have bundled as ‘Acquaintances’ in your page settings will be able to view the post on it being shared.
Close Friends: Your friends whom you have clustered under the ‘Close Friends’ category in your page settings will be able to see the post published.
After having completed all the above steps, click on the ‘Share’ tab below the ‘Say something about this…’ space. Yahoo! You have finally shared the post.
How to make a Facebook post shareable?
The following steps will help you understand how to make a video shareable on Facebook or, for that matter, posts with images and memes too. It will ensure that all Facebook posts that you post henceforth are shareable with people that you want to share.
For PC users
- Login to your Facebook account and then select the ‘Create Post’ option on the homepage.
- Turn the privacy settings to ‘Public’ if you wish your posts to be visible to all. Select the ‘Friends’ option if you want posts to be seen only by your Facebook friends.
For mobile application users
- Click on the ‘Write something here…’ space to access the privacy settings.
- Tap on the ‘Friends’ option right under your name.
- You will be directed to another page where you can change the privacy settings as per your preference.
How to make a Facebook post shareable after a non-sharable post has been posted?
You have been posting fascinating Facebook posts that have got likes and comments, but not shares. You had considered these posts to be of ‘viral material,’ but shockingly, they got no claims at all. That got you thinking, and it finally hit upon you that you have not made them shareable. What a bummer! Don’t worry because you can do that now. Here’s how to make a Facebook post shareable again:
For PC users
- Visit the post that you want to make shareable.
- Select the icon right next to the date and alter the privacy settings to ‘Public’ if you want it to be shared even by those who are not a part of your friend’s list. Choose the ‘Friends’ option if you want it to be viewed and shared by your friends only.
For mobile app users
- Go to the post for which you want to change the privacy settings.
- Click on the ellipsis, that is, the three dots located at the top right corner of the post.
- Tap on the ‘Edit Privacy’ option from the drop-down menu.
- Change the privacy settings to ‘Public’ or ‘Friends’, as per your preference.
How to share someone else’s post on Facebook?
Follow these steps to share Facebook posts posted by others:
- Click on the ‘Share’ option visible below the post, to the right of the ‘Comment’ bubble.
- It will direct you to the ‘Say something about this…’ Write anything relevant to the post or leave it blank.
- Modify the privacy setting options below your name to control where and with whom you want to share the post.
- Tap on ‘Share Now.’